Back Seat & Carb Gaskets

To: Tigers Digest <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Back Seat & Carb Gaskets
From: "Ed E. Powell" <102430.3640@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 04 Mar 97 12:00:56 EST
I think the general consensus is that ALL 289 MkI machines came stock with a
back seat. <g>  (My wife has asked me if I want to buy a crow, muttering
something about lunch and which engine is really in my car...)

I'm pleased to note that campaigns by the topic police have abated, and we have
returned to a lively, fun and still informative discussion and repartee.

As for the gas fumes, someone mentioned the carb gasket and I think I must give
renewed attention there to my own machine.  I  _know_  the gasket is a bit
ragged, and it is probably the culprit.  If I don't end up replacing the stock
carb, can I get a new gasket or do I have to cut my own?

Eddy