Re: Rivet ,Rivet/Froggy went a Bodying

To: DDOORNBOS@rr5.rr.intel.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rivet ,Rivet/Froggy went a Bodying
From: HW200@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 16:46:07 -0500 (EST)
Dan ,

I am for anyone building a car for the their personal enjoyment. I don't
think a self proclaimed authority should solely focus on individual
certification, rounding up data that if is not confirmed, and use it for a
determination of authenticity that could be harmful downstream to a
unsuspecting and innocent owner/seller. That's unfortunate when it happens,
but that is an exception to thr rule I believe. Overall intention is great
for "the documenters", just not entirely accurate data,  and that is when it
can be harmful, and the process of retieving data should be looked at.

I certainly don't see a NON-Tiger or NON-Authentic Tiger by using a whole lot
of Alpine body. I certainly don't see a non authentic Tiger by putting
its(VIN) on another firewall. As long as it is done correctly, and with the
intention of creating (Or re-creating) a Tiger.

 Perhaps STOA and the other clubs should concentrate on the possibility of
certification of Tiger restoration shops instead of individual cars....that
way the survival of the marque is put ahead of individual monetary interest.
A new plate can be attatched to the firewall with a certification number of
the restoration! I know that these folks all serve a terrific purpose, but
they need a review from the ways and means commitees of the masses.