Re: did you "that" that?!

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: did you "that" that?!
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 17:53:15 -0800
Hey, guys!
        They answer to the question (I am assuming it was supposed to be "did
you
see that?) is a 1961 Hillman Minx Convertible.  I happen to be on the Moss
Motoring mailing list and I get this neat magazine every few months.
Granted, I don't have an MG, Triumph, Healey or Jag, but I have ordered a
few generic things from them in the past (tri bar Lucas headlamps for the
Tiger, for instance).  Imagine my suprise when I started looking through
this magazine and found something having to do with what they would
consider "brand-x" in the British sports car world!
        This was in their "Letters" column and the story was sent in by a Darren
Milsom of Snohomish, WA.  It seems that he rented his '61 Hillman Minx
Convertible to the Nike Company for use in a TV commercial.  The ad also
features Ken Griffey, Jr. who is seen chasing a heckler in the Hillman.  It
should run during the 1997 baseball season.  The letter ends up with Mr.
Milsom stating, "By the way, it's not very often that these cars actually
earn us money instead of using it up - is it?

                                                Keep Tigerin',
                                                Andy Walker
                                                B382001600