Re: Leaf Springs for a Tiger

To: NamasteRH@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Leaf Springs for a Tiger
From: Jimdamelio@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 20:59:27 -0500 (EST)
Rick
  <<
 Anyway, it has been suggested to me by a friend who has worked on (and
 IS NOW working on) A BUNCH of Tigers that, since Alpines were never
 subjected to the stresses that Tigers were, springs from an Alpine would
 be a good way to go.

 So, what does anyone think?  Good idea?  Are Alpine springs exact
 matches for Tiger springs?

To answer your question you need only look at the parts book.
Tigers up to B9473578 used the same complete leaf spring as
series III Alpines up to B9203547.
There is no difference between left and right springs.
All Tigers used the main leaf from the same Alpine III spring
listed above.
The parts book doesn't list numbers for the individual leafs, so I
guess you bought the main leaf or the whole assy.

I have stripped an early III and the main spring is the same as my
Mk IA . Don't remember if the rest are the same, except for the
smallest one.
I'm using that on my Tiger, cause one of mine was broken.

Hope this helps.

Jim
broken