Simply Sacriledge

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Simply Sacriledge
From: marrone@wco.com (Frank Marrone)
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 21:50:35 -0800 (PST)
>Why wait?  They authenticated Frank Marrone's empty body shell up in
>Geyserville a couple of years ago.

>Ramon
>rs11@ElSegundoCA.ncr.com

That body is now (almost) like new throughout and it is in color, but sadly
still awaiting a few more coats of color and blocking out.  This car was
certified as having the prized $18000 a set original rivits on the VIN tag
but we drilled them out so we could remove the TAG for painting.  The TAC
sticker was also removed by the bodyman in the process.   I stand by TAC and
what they are trying to do but it was more important to me to have those
areas under the tags sealed and painted than to get too excited about those
rivits and that sticker. Some day I may get the car reTACed if it includes
another good party.

I must agree with that TAC bashing Rick F. about there being other reasons
to want to know the TAC secrets.  My whole view on TAc has been that
authenticity is important (to some people) when viewed from a historical
perspective, part of that history is the methodology used by the factory to
build the cars.  OK, so I'm a geek but I like that sort of thing.  I want to
know more about it, I'd enjoy a book on the subject detailing every subtlty
including whether the guy who torched the floorpan use his right arm or his
left.  As it now stands the only way I can learn from the guys who really
know is to become a TAC inspector which I failed at.  Soooo... I guess I
must agree that this information should be available to all.  If TAC held
classes or published documents detailing the secrets some might use those
secrets to perpetrate fraud but it also might make for a more educated Tiger
community where those con artists would have a tough time passing off a fake.

Frank Marrone          MK I Tiger B9471116  (without original rivits)
marrone@wco.com        1966 LTD
                       Series I Alpine  "fix me"
                       Yamaha Seca 900