It's a gas, gas, gas

To: Tiger list <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: It's a gas, gas, gas
From: Larry Wright <Larry.Wright@mail.wdn.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 18:48:55 -0800
Rick:
        Dang it, it's just not that far down here to take a look at the furnace
in my garage. One
thing I did not think of, but the fellow I bought it from did-- some furnaces
are "concealed
combustion", thus no flame is exposed to the inside air (and inside gas/solvent
fumes). They pull in
ouside air to burn. That's the kind I have.
        Having a separate thermostat is important; you don't want it sampling
air from right at the
heat source; I keep mine @ 45 unless I'm out working on the car. Oh, yeah-- I
love radiator heat for
my house, but it is way too slow to heat up a garage for a quick session
working on the car. Don't
use it out there even if you're _given_ the boiler.
        And insulation is just as critical in the garage as in the house (no
sh*t, Larry). Hey, I'm
trying to remember; what toppings d'ya like on your pizza?

Larry Wright "I can't get no-- Satis-traction"