Of Diamonds and Glass

To: "'Tiger Net'" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Of Diamonds and Glass
From: "Kirk G. Even" <keven@eagle1.eaglenet.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 22:13:51 -0800
When somebody wrongly tries to pass off an immitation as the real thing for
financial gain, then that is fraud. If you know what it is when you buy it or
sell it
and it is discussed before the deal is done, then that is business.

Vehicles have to be repaired when things break or are damaged. If no one has
access to original Tiger parts, instead of scrapping the Tiger, it would seem
logical that Alpine parts would be ok if that is all that is available.

I enjoy both original and modified cars and intend to keep mine as original as
possible and if I ever sell it (God forbid) I will represent it for what I know
it to
be.  Any concours car has limitations on the amount of sheetmetal which can
be replaced before it gets marked down, as well as many other parts/areas.

Having a Tiger, even if it is just the heart and soul of the Tiger, is what
we're all
about in this group.  For those of us who would like to win a concours trophy
or
two, what we want to know from TAC is what NOT to do so we will have the
best chance of winning.

For any TAC authorities, you should be the teachers for those who want to
learn, and not hide behind a veil of secrecy. And as I haven't witnessed a TAC
inspection, why not give a rating of TAC 1 through TAC 10 based on an
averaged percent of Original Tiger and Acceptable Parts for Restoration.

If a diamond is what you want then you need to know what you're looking for,
but if glass is acceptable and it makes you happy, then show it with pride.
I'm
an American, but made up of many nationalities. I'm original as far as I
know...
right down to the rivits.

Kirk G. Even