Re: Pluggin' away

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Pluggin' away
From: marrone@wco.com (Frank Marrone)
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 08:02:02 -0800 (PST)
I've always wondered what is so hard about getting to that rear plug on the
drivers side.  I found that a plug socket with wrench flats makes it a snap.
Compared to most cars I've owned the Tiger is one of the easier ones to
change plugs on.  Am I missing some rare Tiger only plug obstruction plate
thus making this job easier for me than for others?

>Had a friend who worked in a dealership. He said a Tiger plug change
>always meant 7 plugs. One of 'em was just too tough to reach, & was
>seldom changed. Must have been #7, that's always been the hardest for me
>because the steering column gets in the way. Another good arguement for
>Bosch platinum plugs.
>Seems funny now, my Mustang with equal length headers, is MUCH more
>cluttered underhood, and gives more plug change grief than the Tiger.
>Read somewhere that new Camaro V-8s plug changes take a dealer several
>hours. Tiger was ahead of its time. Al J.

Frank Marrone          MK I Tiger B9471116
marrone@wco.com        1966 LTD
                       Series I Alpine  "fix me"
                       Yamaha Seca 900