I've just gota vent

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: I've just gota vent
From: marrone@wco.com (Frank Marrone)
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 07:37:49 -0800 (PST)
I just got done scraping a gallon of crud out of the ribs on my dana 44.
The pinion seal seems to be the source of most of the build up.  I noticed a
small drilled hole facing rearward on one axle tube.    I'm guesing this is
the vent?  There appears to be no other vents on the housing.  How much oil
usually escapes from this hole over 50K miles?  I ask because other rear
axle vents I have seen are placed on the top of the axle tube and have caps
or traps.

Frank Marrone          MK I Tiger B9471116
marrone@wco.com        1966 LTD
                       Series I Alpine  "fix me"
                       Yamaha Seca 900