What to do about automated radar traps.

To: tiger club <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: What to do about automated radar traps.
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 13:23:02 +0000
Got this today from the Triumph newsgroup, and thought everyone would
find it interesting.

On speed cameras and un manned speed traps...
One thing the normally very gray and obedient (and statistically:
armed to the teeth) Swedish population have managed to do is to
get rid of all the automatic speed camera traps along our roads
and in the cities... Sort of a Swedish type peoples revolution and
uprising!
What we did?

Well, we blasted them off into eternity... The trick was to first
shoot it blind from a big enough distance, with a suitable big game
hunting rifle and rifle scope. Then (in some cases) the really
pissed off people blew the whole contraption into fragments with
explosives. But usually the rifle treatment was sufficient...
If there actually was a camera in the box on top of the pole -
well then a VERY EXPENSIVE part of the police equipment was written
off - if it wasn't then at least the box needed changing...

In the end, after loosing a number of cameras and lots of boxes and
poles, the police caved in and aborted further use of unmanned speed
traps! End score: Police 0 - Citizens 1

So my recommendation is exactly what You all think it is...
It worked in a law obedient country like Sweden, so why shouldn't
it work elsewhere?
And - Never ever allow the government to take Your legally owned
firearms away from You! Let them concentrate on the illegal guns!

/Odd

--
Odd Hedberg
Pomonagatan 4           International liaison secretary,