Re: Brake booster questions

To: tigerpb@ids.net
Subject: Re: Brake booster questions
From: gary_winblad@juno.com (Gary A Winblad)
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 19:37:00 PST
On Mon, 31 Mar 1997 20:06:30 +0000 Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net> writes:

>Jay; the unit I used in my Tiger is made by Midland. It's a USA made
>unit that is nearly identical dimensionaly to the original unit. It's

I put a Midland booster in my new MK I Tiger too.  Works fine.  Main
difference
with the stock booster is that it doesn't have a vacuum canister with a
piston
to store vacuum, so as soon as the engine dies, so does the boost!
When my engine was running badly and liked to stop at stop signs, the
slight drop in the pedal was the first indication that the engine had
died.

The main reason I am running it is because it was given to me, and it
saved the trouble of putting the original one back together...
I think this is the original unit in the '55-'57 Thunderbirds.

I did have a little trouble bleeding the system until I bled the booster
itself.
The stock hydraulic lines can be easily re-bent to fit.

Love those free Tiger parts in California (Thanks Paul, Ramon and Frank,
etc. ...)

Gary