Re: History of worms!!

To: Spook37211@aol.com, 102430.3640@compuserve.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: History of worms!!
From: HW200@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 20:37:44 -0400 (EDT)
Here's one you probably all know.....what was the factory "original" racecar
? You know the one prepared by one of the genetic fathers of the "original
tiger"....you know the one that raised hell with all the Corvettes and
Mustangs, and really put the Sunbeam Tiger on the performance map, here  in
the USA....the extremely modified Carroll Shelby built beast!!!

Oh that's right...it was an Alpine rebody, and we can't  say that it is an
authentic Tiger, because it is not an"original Jensen assembly line Tiger."
Point is- Modifieds can be worth more than authentics, because of their
history, owners etc....Rumor has it that "rebody" is for sale for 70k!
Collectors don't dictate price as much as historical significance does-
 "Assembly line"/ certified /authenticated pieces are for closed minds and
certifiable brains...there is simply more to a marque than the egoes of those
who think they know everything there is to know about a piece of history.

Whether we all believe it or not, history is subjective analysis. As they say
about film documentary.....someone had to decide when to turn the camera on
and off, and where to direct the camera lense so the audience would see only
what the camera man felt was most important.  Fact is- you are still are only
seeing a small part of the big picture.

Hank