Tiger Alert

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tiger Alert
From: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 97 13:14:21 EST

       Check out the May issue of Thoroughbred $ Classic Cars for Tiger
     stories.  On the Sport page is a small photo of a Tiger that won a
     Historic Rally.  There is an interview with  designer Colin Neale who
     worked at Rootes in the sixties and has drawings of proposed Tigers.
     One  rendering resembles a sixties Corvette Stingray and the other
     looks like a Jaguar XJS from the back with the flying buttresses by
     the rear window.  Both of drawings are new to me and I have Mike
     Taylor and William Carrol's books.
       Included is 'The Best British Sports Car Ever' mini-mag.  English
     sports cars from the 50's to the 80's are compared with the Tiger
     grouped with XKE, Lotus Elan, MGB, and TR5.  The Tiger finishes in the
     middle of the group behind the XKE and Lotus.  I don't know how the
     XKE and Lotus can be rated higher on Practicality given the
     reliability problems Lotus seems to have.  The Tiger is given a '9'
     for character which my wife would agree with since she thinks I am a
     'character' for messing with a 30 year old car.

     Jeff