Re: drag racing

To: a1a31688@bc.sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: drag racing
From: hjenssen@juno.com (Herb J Jenssen)
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 04:11:59 EDT
Hey Gord,
               When I first bought my Tiger (18 yrs ago) it had a cam,4
barrel, no headers and turned in the 15's in the quarter at sea level on
street tires. I can't remember the mph. It also,and still does have a 354
gear.
In 84 I went through the engine. By the way, when I bought it it had a
289 in it. It's a 66
MK1A.
Anyway, I had it bored 040 using torque plates. I put in a 302 crank
after having it indexed. Had the rods checked out. Had the block
O-ringed. Crane hyd.cam with rhoads lifters. Also early 351W heads with
ported and matched intake ports.Big chevy valves,screw in studs etc.
A wiend intake and 650 dp holley. MSD ign and unilight dist. Headers by
J.C.Whitney.
I also put in a modified C4 trans with a streetable Art Carr converter.
13 in. slicks (looked wierd because they were smaller than the front
tires but they grabbed great and put me in the lights at 6500rpm) and I
was off too the track.
Best time is 12:38 108mph.
I know thats more than you asked but it's 03:00, I'm at work,nobody is
around and I'm feeling really sad right now.   You see I sold my pride
and joy today!