Re: And the Morale to the Story is......

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: And the Morale to the Story is......
From: marrone@wco.com (Frank Marrone)
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 00:15:18 -0700 (PDT)
Before abandoning the electric set up did you try driving with the fan wired
on?  If that cured the problem then a lower set point on the thermostat or a
better thermostat location may have helped.

In general I think electric is the way to go if you don't need  stock
appearance.  I'm not saying they are a cure for the Tiger cooling woes but
they are lighter than and don't wear the water pump like the stock fan.
They should move a lot of air at idle although if it just circulates back to
the inlet that won't do you much good.

I only assume they should work on a Tiger since I don't remember seeing any.
Anybody else running electric fans on their Tigers?

Frank Marrone          MK I Tiger B9471116
marrone@wco.com        1966 LTD
                       Series I Alpine  "fix me"
                       Yamaha Seca 900