Clutch Master

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Clutch Master
From: Allan Connell <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 22:39:26 -0700
During a Sunbeam Club event this weekend, I happened to mention the thought
of using Thermo-tech tape on the headers to keep the heat down to another
Tiger owner.  When he asked why, I offered that when the car really heats
up after some serious driving, I have trouble getting the car into reverse.
 He stated that he had that problem in the past and solved it.  He feels
that the fundamental difficulty is the clutch gets hot and expands, and the
slave does no have enough fluid from the clutch master to effectively push
the clutch enough to properly disengage.

He suggested that installing a Girling 3/4 inch diameter clutch master
cylinder solved his problem.  (he drag races his Tiger)  It apparently
gives just enough more fluid than the stock 5/8 inch to really make a
difference.  He stated he tried the 1 inch diameter but it was just to
heavy of a pedal.  These Girling clutch slaves are apparently readily
available at parts stores which stock parts for the dune buggy
crowd....only difference now is the metric fitting.  He showed me his
(oooo, aaaahhh!) and one can really not tell the difference from the
original.....the only tell tail sign is the metric fitting for the line to
the slave (which obviously required tweaking.....)

Whaddaya think??  Has anybody else out there tried it??

Allan
B9472373

PS.....Ramon, sorry I missed you....did not get a chance to get down to the
autocross this weekend at Jack Murphy or Qualcomm or whatever.....nextime!!