Re: F'tang, Yang, Kipperbang?-Eureka Auction! -Reply

To: tigers <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: F'tang, Yang, Kipperbang?-Eureka Auction! -Reply
From: "Spontelli, Ramon" <rs11@ElSegundoCA.NCR.COM>
Date: Fri, 23 May 97 06:33:00 PDT
>  Yeah, how about that kid?

The "kid" was reference to a wee bit of a hoax that was played upon us once
upon a time.  As I recall, it went on for about a week,  with this Willie
character posting messages under some sort of aol alias-de-plume.  (This was
back when the list was serviced by Mark with an old renegade machine posing
as a boat anchor in one of Intel's labs, I think.)  The line was about this
unusual automobile he had discovered in a barn outside Ford City,
California.  The kid kept going back and observing different interesting
features.  He'd dutifully report his findings and ask what they might mean.

It appeared harmless, but some fell for it, big time.

I don't know what exactly it was, but something in the F'tng, Yank,
Kepperbang? post reminded me, and others, of it.

Ramon