Bag of worms

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bag of worms
From: OldeAlp@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 00:15:02 -0400 (EDT)
Whee-o-whee-o-whee-o.  No, that sounds like the black & white following me
down the freeway.  Oh, wow, oh, wow, oh, wow.  Maybe that's closer.

I seem to have buried myself under such a big pile of manure that the only
way out is to buy another cow and turn it into a mountain.

I've gotten two private posts chastising me for violating the privacy of
private posts (one from a person previously unknown, the other from one I
know very well and respect).  I did _not_ "out" the sender of the original
flame.  As a matter of fact, I'm not sure who it really was - I deleted it as
soon as I read it.  (Joe has since claimed authorship, but I can neither
confirm nor deny)  Later, after reflection, I thought that the basic content
merited exposure as a warning as to how thin-skinned some readers of this
message panel are.

I've gotten a couple of posts trying to insult me - Hey!  I've been known to
DRIVE Alpines to Tiger events.  Trust me, you're much better off bringing the
Toyota or Hyundai if the Ford is busted.  I capped the "drive" because I've
worked registration at several events and the most frequently asked question
from Tiger owners is "Where can I park the trailer?"

As to allegations that my comment was racist - I didn't feel the need to
mention that my experiences in Korea included teaching English at both the
high school and university level (Hell, the present CEO of Hyundai may have
been one of my students).  That was a very enjoyable part of my checkered
past.  I can wax eloquent on that time if anyone cares.  I can even sing "Oh
Danny Boy" in the original language - Korean.  (Now, before you Irishmen
start flaming me, on March 17 I always begin the spelling of my name with
O-apostophe)  The anglicized phonetic name of the song is something like "Ah
moke dong ah".  If you don't believe me, check it out.   .  .  . Guess I
better tell the truth - I sang at a piano bar a couple weeks ago and was told
that I _can't_ sing - , but I do know the words.

Before I get in trouble again, I'd better review where I may have offended:

Para 1 - I love the police - they have protected and served me much more than
they have troubled me.  But, I still get a lump in my gut when one is
following me.

Para 2 - Not the cow - the pile.  My daughter sold her 4H dairy cow project
(Trixie) in 1981.  So, yes, I've had my head buried into the flanks, the
bucket between my knees, and the tail flicking my hair.  And I wield a mean
scoop shovel.

Para 3 - I am a firm believer in confidentiality.  Exposing content is not
the same as exposing identity.

Para 4 - Tigers on trailers - well, what can I say?  A Tiger owning British
expatriot in the LA area expresses it best on his T-Shirt, "Real Men Don't
Trailer".

Para 5 - I searched for evil innuendo, but didn't find any.

I had lunch today with a guy who is just finishing restoration of a 1946
Packard.  He had just come from the paint shop trying to decide what type of
paint to use.  All of the proper period paints are now illegal.  The painter
suggested using blond paint.  My buddy said, "No, I want it in black and
gray."  The response was that blond is a type of paint.  It isn't too bright,
but it spreads easily.

If something in the above hasn't offended you, let me know.  I'll try to do
better next time.

"Ole" Olson