Hammer Time

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Hammer Time
From: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Date: Fri, 30 May 97 14:50:22 EST

       I watched the History Channel last night and they had a segment on
     Porsche history.  Very interesting. The most notable scene was the
     film of the mid-sixties Porsche 911 assembly line.  A line worker was
     fitting the right hand door to the frame with two implements, a hammer
     and a large block of metal.  He places the door in the opening, bolts
     it in, crouches down to sight along the fender, opens the door, and
     whacks furiously on the frame where the hinge attaches with the
     hammer.  Next, the door is closed,  he again sights along the door
     skin, opens the door, sticks the block of metal in the hinge area and
     gives it a few good hits and slams the door shut.  All done.  Watching
     that almost makes me believe the stories about the Rootes guy with the
     sledge hammer beating on the transmission tunnel for Tigers.

     Not PC and not TAC,

     Jeff