reply to chris on licence plate location

To: alpines@Autox.Team.Net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: reply to chris on licence plate location
From: maria knapek <mariak@razorlogic.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 20:43:47 -0700
Chris:
        Mount the plate where you want. During my legnthy restoration I bailing
wired my original black California plate to the roll bar, it didn't seen
to upset anybody. I think the best looking place for the rear plate is
centered on the trunk lid, boot lid for you Britts. Which is where my
plate now resides. I'm unsure where they were originally but I think
hanging down below the bumper looks, double butt ugly, not to mention
the possibility of crunching the plate on a parking lot wheel bumper, or
tearing it loose when traversing a driveway.
        I used stainless hardware to mount the plate, with a nylock nut on the
inside of the trunk, and a rubber washer between the plate and the trunk
lid, to protect the paint.
        Hope this helps,
        Dennis Knapek