Re: Swapping Blocks

To: Tiger List <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Swapping Blocks
From: mmeswarb@huntel.net
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 1997 20:47:50 -0500
I picked up a steel bell housing at a swap meet that has both 4-speed
bolt
patterns on it.  Since my transmission also had both patterns, I used
all 8 holes.
The problem with these bell housings is that they won't fit in the
factory
transmission tunnel.  Guess you''ll have to find that old Rootes guy
with the
big sledge hammer.  I modified the bell housing.  This is probably not
technically
legal for some racing rules, but it has to be better that the stock
aluminum one.