Clutch pedal floored

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Clutch pedal floored
From: Larry Allbritton <larryall@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 18:08:23 -0700
I took the car out today and immediately noticed that shifting into
gear was a problem.  Gear clashing noises especially into reverse.
I also noticed that I had to push clutch pedal all the way to floor
and that it barely disengaged.  When I got home I checked the reservoir
and it was empty.  So I filled it which only took a couple of ounces.
The pedal still seems too far to the floor.  My question is do I need
to bleed the lines and if not then what can I do to get the clutch
to disengage before bottoming out the pedal? There is a little (maybe
eigth inch) slop in clevis pin.
Many thanks for your generosity.

Larry Allbritton
B9472723