Tigers United

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tigers United
From: maria knapek <mariak@razorlogic.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 10:24:39 -0700
This goes out to all the people who are so very unhappy with the event.
I am the wife of one of the people that busted their behind to get this
"dream event" made into a reality. I was impressed with the amount of
traveling that you all did to make it to the northcoast, but do you have
any idea the work that was involved with the making of this event? Norm
and Margie Miller, Bill Martin, Don Whitely, and many others put up
with all the phone calls, money, money, money(much of their own), and
the complaints for five days, so that all of you could have a good time
being TOGETHER... yes isn't that what it is all about? I thought that
a club convention was a gathering of people from all walks of life that
unites with one common passion-their love of these cars!!!!! With this
love comes the honor of seeing the rare cars (all at one time), the
actual people behind the making of these cars ( in real life), and the
enjoyment of  just being together to feel the passion that you all are
supposed to have for the car!!!! I am a little surprised by the size
of everyone's egos-they seem to be a bit larger than the passion for
the car that you own. I for one made a few new friends, (which I am
sorry that you could not do), and had a new memory etched into my
spirit about all the wonderful people that worked VERY VERY HARD
to see this event through to the end, in spite of your complaints.I
think (and it is just my opinion) that you all are missing the point
of why we gather together -  it is called Tigers United, isn't it??????