Re: Nice Black Tiger! & accurate speedo

To: Mark W Olson <Mark_W_Olson@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Subject: Re: Nice Black Tiger! & accurate speedo
From: William Goebner <wgoebner@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 15:21:18 -0700
Mark,
I wish I could say it was me in MY black tiger, but it wasn't.

Thanks for spearheading the Tiger EMail list and I know it takes a lot
of effort and from many people.

Gary Winblad gave me an idea of using a DC pulse sending unit from a
late model Ford to a speedo housing, modified with a receiving motor, or
whatever it takes, to produce an accurate speed/distance readout.

I went to the Redwood City Library today and found a 1983 Ford Towncar
manual with a reference to something called a Tripminder.  It looks
interesting but "the devil is in the details" I have been told.  I'd
also appreciate any other ideas on this subject.

Bill Goebner - B9470807 - Woodside (in the Redwoods), California