TAC-ing the Triple C logo

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TAC-ing the Triple C logo
From: Alvin and Lucille Johnson <johnson@ids.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 1997 08:46:17 -0400
I followed the discussion of the Triple C Tiger regalia discussion
of a while back with great interest, as my bare Scandinavian scalp is in
dire need of a cover-up from the summer sun. What better form of
protection could there be than a baseball cap displaying the Sunbeam
Tiger-powered by ford logo. So I sent my money in. I've also profited
from the tech tip of fastening it on with duct tape at speed.
    The cap is a decent appearing canvas-style model with dark grey brim
and the rest of it off white. That's the only color choice, which the
catalog does not make clear. It also has a canvas one size fits all
strap in the back for fitting it to your dome. So far not bad.
    But the embroidered logo is inaccurate. The lettering "powered by
ford" which should stretch across the entire bottom of the logo thereby
squaring it off only goes about 3/4 of the way. It inexplicably stops
short just under the tiger's jaw. A small thing perhaps, but it's wrong
and makes an otherwise good looking hat look wrong. Another thoughtless
offense against an orphan marque. I wonder. Would the MG people be
content with a 7-sided octagon?
Al J. (B9472024)