"" ENOUGH ALREADY ""

To: plrresto@aol.com
Subject: "" ENOUGH ALREADY ""
From: "JAN S-E HARDE, LUTCF" <harde@cyberesc.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 10:06:44 -0700
I can not believe, that people can not read what is written, but rather
read in to it what they want...

#1) I enjoyed the event tremendously.
#2) I enjoyed the people & conversation more than anything.
#3) Norm came thru with all the "BRITT's" he promised.

My beef was one and one only, the " CONCOURSE " was advertised as such,
and the pulling of the criteria, was WRONG WRONG and WRONG!!!

Why would anyone take this FACT, as an attack on the entire event???

You are right, we could just be like most people in the world, complain
quietly when no one can hear you, you don't vote and never get involved
at all, well that is not me.
If change is to happen, then we have to speak out, after all Free speech
is a right is it not???

Again the remark " GET RID OF THE HARRINGTON " ???
Who said that??? The car was simply said to be in a Masters Class, or a
special interest catagory, as Dave McDermott and others said, This car
was never mass produced, never offered for sale by dealers, and was a one
off car... It is one of my favorits and for many others as well.
But if the competition is the same every year, and no Masters Class (
like most other clubs ) then people are only going to have competition
for a 3rd place at best...
This is not to put these cars down, but recognition needs to be given to
the rest of the field of hard working restorers out there...

I am not trying to cause waves, but simply to share with you all ( if you
are interested ) my past experience with many many car clubs.
I am not the only one out there with past experience, there are many who
could give input as well.

Paul, by the way Tahoe had atleast one CAT judge, I still have the
Judging Cap that you gave me, I did not complain, and I do not remember
any of us leaving our posts early for the Rallye???
Hmmmmm must have been a different Tahoe???

In closing, I have been called alot of names, but never " a FRICK or a
FRACK ", is that suposed to be a complement.
If not, I do not believe that name calling is necessary, I am frankly
getting fed up with the politics surrounding all of this.
Events are to be fun, fair and relaxing, most of us do our own
restorations, and take pride in the work, we do not go out for
prfessional restorations, either for lack of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and/or to
much pride, as well as self satisfaction, therfore the home restorer non
professional should be rewarded as such.
There were so many incredible cars at United, that were done at home in a
garage, lot's of hours of research and imagination, I commend these
people, and especially enjoy their cars...