Re: Re Tach and Rust Advice

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net, "'Anita & Jim Barrett'" <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Re Tach and Rust Advice
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 97 08:29:56 -0600
     Back in '77 when I started on my Tiger, I just wirebrushed the snot
     out of the interior floorboards and then used Rustoleum.  Back then
     they had a red primer, for the first coat, then a yellow primer for
     the second, then the top color coat.  I haven't seen their red stuff
     for years (too full of lead?), but I think the yellow is still around.

     Anyway, the floors look just fine today.  The car doesn't exactly see
     commuter duty in the snow and salt (despite the calendar photo), and
     the interior has only gotten wet a couple times over the past two
     decades.  But there's been no reappearance of the rust.

     Stu Brennan