Tape Caution

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tape Caution
From: Anita & Jim Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 21:38:53 -0400
At 07:13 am 7/17/97 PDT, you wrote:
>When I did my MGB I wanted to use some header wrap to keep my feet cool,
>there is only an inch and some sheet metel between the gas pedal and
>the header.  I went to the local race engine builder shop, and he said
>don't do it.  Say's that all the extra heat forced to keep in header
>       OK start the last sentence again.
>Say's that all that extra heat you don't allow to escape elevates the
>temp of the header into such a relm it will greatly reduce its life.
>Guess it will get all brittel and week, temper it.  He advised against
>it.  I would say what would you rather have to replace on a regular
>basis, bushings or headers?
>
>just what I've heard
>dan

Dan,
    I plan on wrapping the headers and all the way back to the muffler.
My floor gets extreamly hot from the headers/exhaust pipe.  I was
thanking about doing this even before I determined that the heat had
caused A arm bushing problems.  If your local mechanic is correct
in the long run, about damage to the tubing, then I will report my
experience.  Meanwhile in Florida every afternoon at 86 degrees and
95 % humidity ( heat index of 105) I could use some insulation.
Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others