Re: Replacement Engines

To: ".Tiger List" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Replacement Engines
From: Jim Parent <jimparent@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 02:07:08 -0400
If I remeber correctly they are still building them and putting them in
SUV's.

I'd agree on the water pump.  The serpentine belts drive them backwards I=

think.

Why not go with a M-6007-A50 long block from Motorsport SVO?  With a Holl=
ey
they are rated at 285Hp.  Last time I checked they ran about $2600.  Or y=
ou
could add about a grand and go to an engine builder for a 335lb-ft,325Hp
built-up 302 long block.

>I'm contemplating one of those too.  Have you checked, are they still
>available?  From previous posts, it appears Ford shut down the line
>for 5.0L motors.

>Pretty sure you need to junk all that stuff and just put the old style
>front cover/pump, etc. on.
>At least thats the easiest way...

Gary
<