Re[2]: ENGINE SWAP INFO HELP REQUEST

To: kjenssen@juno.com, Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Subject: Re[2]: ENGINE SWAP INFO HELP REQUEST
From: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 97 12:45:28 EST

     Check out Summit Racing for the 302 blocks.  They are selling for
     $349. You or they can add whatever parts you need.

     Jeff

Subject: Re: ENGINE SWAP INFO HELP REQUEST
Author:  Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net> at INTERNET
Date:    7/20/97 3:56 PM

Kirt Jenssen wrote:

> Hellow,
>
>     I have been following the  email postings and find them to be very
> informative. I am contimplating an engine swap in my tiger, and thought I
> would try and gain some input from other tiger owners.
>
>     I have a chance to purchase a 1990 HO 302 with AOD trans from a
> Mustang. The engine and trans were installed in a 1984 Cougar.

Kirt; the basic block is a swap, but the fuel inj. is to tall to fit,
and the AOD trans. is dog house sized compared to the Tiger's toploader.
Also, the entire timing chain housing, waterpump, and serpentine belt
system would have to be ditched and swapped for all of the old tiger
stuff from the timing chain forward. Unless you're getting this set up
at fire sale prices, you may make out better buying a comlete new 302
short block from Ford (@$1800)