LGC question (Non-sunbeam content)

To: alpines@Autox.Team.Net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: LGC question (Non-sunbeam content)
From: "Chris S. Mottram"<Chris.S.Mottram@ecc.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 11:19:39 -0400

From: Chris S. Mottram@ECCI on 08/08/97 11:19 AM

I have general automotive question for you guys.  My mother in law has a
1986 Mercedes 300E that the oil pressure dropped to zero while she was
driving it around.  She parked it.  The Mercedes shop found brass bits in
the oil (uh oh).  It is $7000 for them to install another engine (YIKES!!).
The car with a good motor is worth 9 or 10 grand.  Would I be able to have
the engine rebuilt or get a junk yard engine for much cheaper?  I have
heard that when you monke around with a Mercedes engine, they are just
never the same.  What if I took it myself and put a 302 in it! ;-)

Is there a Mercedes list where I could find out more info?

Thanks,
Chris