Re: Help...I'm stalling and I can't get up

To: larisab@ix.netcom.com, w1gsl@MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: Help...I'm stalling and I can't get up
From: Keith Bradshaw <bradshaw@utdallas.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 09:50:00 -0500 (CDT)

 >The pealing paint comes off in large enough flakes to clog the fuel line
>where it comes off the cross pipe.  The 3" cross tube necks down to a
>1/4" gas line.

On my 510 I bought a glass take apart fuel filter and
moutned it on long hose so I could see it near the tank easily.(in the trunk?)
Then I could eyeball how bad the flakes were and undo it, dump them out, and
continue on.

I finally found that the flakes were not picked up if I had more than
1/4 tank of fuel, so I just had to keep over 1/4 tank to avoid this.

I did pull the tank and clean it, but it kept happening.

regards

mBrad