Re: starter solinoid

To: <Tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: starter solinoid
From: "Thomas C. Brandt" <tbrandt@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 07:43:49 -0500
A quote from the new AMK Products catalog, page 59 say's, "1960 to 1965
relays have a brown bakelite housing, fine thread battery cable lugs, all
nuts which bear against the housing have an attached lock washer,
......mounting bracket marked "2701966" at the leading edge." The brown
bakelite unit, rebuilt, lists for $80. The History goes on to say, "The
bracket is stamped in FoMoCo script on all relays until the fall of 1964
when Ford changed to the black housing and FoMoCo block style lettering.
....... The black FoMoCo relay was used until in the 1966 model year when
it was replaced by the the firt Autolite relay."
   The Black Bakelite relay is part no. B6A11450-A-SRP, $30, while the
Brown Bakelite relay is part no. B6A11450-A-270, $80. This company
specializes in reproduction electrical components and fasteners for early
Ford powered collectors' automobiles. They have over 10,000 products and
several "kits" available. Also a "Guide to Ford Fasteners, 1955-1973 is
available for $30. The address is AMK Products, 18600 E. 96th Street,
Broken Arrow, Ok. 918-455-2651, or fax 918-455-7441. Catalog is $5 if I
remember correctly. Hope this helps someone.
   Tom