Re: Replacement engines

To: laifman@flash.net, BMcgu22954@aol.com
Subject: Re: Replacement engines
From: Spook37211@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 17:20:01 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-08-28 01:50:09 EDT, laifman@flash.net writes:

<< Don't you believe this singular instance is universally true for a
 single minute. The law reads any changes to engine or car must conform
 to the latest regulations applying to the newest of the two. The only
 exceptions are 1965 and earlier vehicles, or vehicles that were
 otherwise not required to have smog equipment (such as out-of-state cars
 not conforming to the then current California laws, like my
 non-California '66 Mustang did not have EGR pump, as California cars
 must have had, so wasn't required to have them). You can get a Referee
 to judge any situation, and I have had amazingly good luck on some
 special equipment I built. But I would not extrapolate an individual
 Referee decision to anybody else's case.

 Steve
 --  >>
Another sad case of being eaten alive by bureaucrats..............
Ray