Re: Tiger cooling.....

To: laifman@flash.net
Subject: Re: Tiger cooling.....
From: Spook37211@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 21:37:19 -0400 (EDT)
Guys,
I saw an interesting radiator setup last night on a Tiger.  It was a single
pass aluminum radiator w/plastic end tanks. The guy was running  a built 302
with two electric fans (no engine driven fan), and said that the car NEVER
ran over the t stat.  He said that the only time  that the fans came on was
when sitting in traffic.  He cranked it up, and as far as I could tell, he
was telling it square.

He worked for a radiator shop that did NASCAR work, and said that the rad
would cool even better at an inclination of 7 deg from the vertical.

Since my car has a modified rad mount anyway, as soon as I can get around a
little better, I'm going to have one of the rads built, and will let you know
how it works out.

I forgot to mention that the expansion tanks had been removed, and he was
planning on mounting a blower on that side.
Regards,
Ray