HELP.

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net, mini-list@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: HELP.
From: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 97 14:31:47 PST
     Help needed:

     -Here at work at HITACHI INSTRUMENTS, we have the need from
     time-to-time for our machine-parts vendors to acquire the following
     taps in British Standard Pipe Thread sizes: 1/4"; 3/8"; & 1/2".

     -My understanding is that the whole of the Japanese manufacturing &
     automotive (including roads) industries "borrowed" these standards
     from the British when they went through their industrialization.

     -Any leads on where I could purchase tooling/fittings/taps & dies for
     these BSPT sizes would be most appreciated.

     -EX: Our vendors would use a 1/4" BSPT tap as a "go/no-go guage" for
     making the mating machined parts for us. The current fitting we use is
     1/4" BSPT with a 5/16" hose barb on the other end, like one would use
     for a fuel line, vacuum guage, etc.

                         Thanks in advance,

                                           Phil LeBrun

                                           lebrun@hii.hitachi.com