Oil squirts for Garage Queen

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net (Return requested) (Receipt notification requested)
Subject: Oil squirts for Garage Queen
From: "Jorquera, Mario" <Mario.Jorquera@fhwa.dot.gov>
Date: 30 Sep 1997 12:06:00 -0400
Hey Larry, glad to hear the 'ol queen is going to be out
and about again in her new duds.  Can't wait to see
her.

Regarding the oil squirt technique, I've revived many a
long-dormant motor with this technique, with nary a
problem.  The idea is to squirt enough oil to get around
the rings and cylinder walls.  We're talking one or two
tablespoonsfull, at most, so hydrolock is not a problem.
I have an oil can with a gooseneck that fits just in the
spark plug hole, and I give it a couple of pumps.

I recommend this, even though it's a pain to take out all
the plugs (especially the firewall special).  If the engine
has not turned over since spring, the cylinder walls are
probably bone dry, with incipient rust.  Better safe than
sorry!

Mario
B2471239