Re: results - San Diego British Car Day

To: Dan Miller <Dan_Miller@ccmail.sgo.sony.com>
Subject: Re: results - San Diego British Car Day
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 17:34:38 +0100
Dan Miller wrote:

>      Hey, hey, hey!  What's this???
>
>         I guess Steve Laifman is planning on taking his Tiger up to Willow
>      Springs in early November so he can "try" to "blow off a little
>      Pantera competition with his Tiger"??  So I guess that there's nothing
>      like a large pack of Pantera's on a bonafide race track to get it on
>      with, if you are driving a Tiger, huh???  Sounds like a Tiger vs
>      Pantera challenge to me.
>
>      Dan.

Dan,

"Shut'm down, shut'm down" -- The Beach Boys

There is really nothing to it. I did it before, at Willow Springs, in
the late '50's. All I "had to do" was jump the standing start flag and
get cross-wise against the hay bales in the second turn ahead of the
pack. You can't believe how many of those genuine hero drivers found out
how quick their expensive machines can go from 70 mph to 0 to avoid
"kissing" a driver up against the hay bales.

Glad I'm still here to tell it. After I threw out the racing suit and
re-did the interior, it was my last race. Had my "First Win" before.
Can't have another!

 {8->

Steve

--