Starter selenoid

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Starter selenoid
From: Larry Rominger <LARRYR2@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 11:02:40 -0500
In the process of putting together a Tiger MKI I have encountered a
problem. This vehicle has had the 260 engine replaced with a 289 by a
previous owner. I have found that in process of the previous owner
replacing the generator driven electical system with an alternator
system he/she screwed up the wiring badly. I am going completely through
the system but am handicapped by a memory loss. The starter selenoid on
the vehicle has four terminals, two of which are marked "S" and "I"
respectively. The wiring diagram for a Tiger 289 shows one of these
terminals is wired directly to the #3 terminal on the ignition switch
while the other is wired directly to the ballast resistor. The selenoid
terminals are not labeled on the wiring diagram. Does anyone know which
selenoid terminal, S or I is wired to the #3 terminal of the ignition
switch?

Thanks
Larry Rominger
B9473280