RE: Body Shop Screws Up Locks --NOT SO UNUSUAL!!!!

To: "'semeraro@erols.com'" <semeraro@erols.com>
Subject: RE: Body Shop Screws Up Locks --NOT SO UNUSUAL!!!!
From: "JAN SVEN-ERIK HARDE, LUTCF" <harde@cyberesc.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 12:29:00 -0600

----------
From:  Steve Semeraro[SMTP:semeraro@erols.com]
Sent:  Saturday, October 18, 1997 7:46 PM
To:  alpines@autox.team.net
Cc:  tigers@autox.team.net
Subject:  Body Shop Screws Up Locks

Steve,

Sound familiar, what the shop did, was to open your doors, took off the =
door panels, and removed your door hadle's
They then disconnected the locking arm from the locking mechanism, and =
never reattached, as a result, you now have to remove the inside panels =
again, and look in your sunbeam manual and it will show you how to fix =
the problem, easy once the doors are apart..... NOT FUN !!!

Good luck!!!

See Ya'                      Jan...................

I got my car back from the body shop a few weeks ago.  (Some may=20
remember the story of how I was hit from behind!)  The body work was=20
great, and the paint job came out pretty good.  Some minor blemishes. =20
But nothings perfect.  One problem has surfaced.  The doors locks always =

worked just fine.  I rarely lock the doors and didn't think to check=20
when I first brought the car home.  A few days ago, however, I tried the =

locks and neither works.  The latches work OK.  But no lock.  When I put =

in the key, it turns freely.  No click.  Any ideas?  Is this something=20
simple that they forgot to do?  Did they leave something out? =20
Suggestions would be appreciated.  Many thanks.

Steve Semeraro
Series V Sunbeam Alpine
1968 Marcos GT