emmission test help !!

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: emmission test help !!
From: kjenssen@juno.com (Kirt Jenssen)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 23:00:50 -0500
I have a general question regarding emmission testing:

    I have an 89 Buick Regal which failed the emission test. The
hydrocarbons produced exceed the allowable amount. I have gone through
the usuall tune up procedures and had a general question BEFORE I retest.
I seem to recall an additive which can be added to help the fuel burn
cleaner and thus insure the hydrocarbon emmission is lower. I understand
there are products on the market....has anyone had any success with the
products... or...is there a homemade solution to add to the fuel system
which will insure lower hydrocarbon emmission during the test? The car
has many, many miles and will be traded in soon.

Thanks in advance