Re: Alger Quiz? ""ANSWERS TO YOUR QUIZ ""

To: harde@cyberesc.net, mrbillg@real-comps.com
Subject: Re: Alger Quiz? ""ANSWERS TO YOUR QUIZ ""
From: HW200@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 11:27:46 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-10-28 04:52:20 EST, harde@cyberesc.net writes:

<< We can not compare this to the idea or convertion of Alpines, unless there
are some pre decided unused already exsisting Jal an Vin plates at the Rootes
facility that where unused, and could be proven, as Shelby had to with his
project, to be used for a run of Tigers. >>

Just a theoretical question, but what if his (suddenly found) plates are
reproductions? How do you prove that they are the original unused plates.
With all the controversy surrounding Mr. Shelby's Cobra ventures, I think
there are plenty of correlations between the two(Tigers and Cobras). "Unless
there are several unused Tiger original jal/vin plates??" That in my opinion
should not have anything to do with it.

An original was built back then('60's)when originals were built.
Reproductions are built today and should not be worth as much as the top
condition original. Reproduction is a nicer word for fake. Some may opt for
"re-issue"....but never an original. That is why old vin plates should not
matter either, nor shuld they be used for a car built today. Someone should
tell Mr. Shelby a fake is a fake no matter who, where, or what it is built
with.Unfortunately the monetary upside is too much to ignore.

My guess is that if Shelby found an original VIN and JAL from an unused
Tiger, he would find a way to get an "unused" Alpine body and sell it as a
"New ShelbyTiger". It would be sold for $100,000-
Plus the charge of $20 bucks to sign the dash.

Hank