Re: Mt. Washington Hill Climb

To: "Schonberger, Barry" <bkschonb.ucs@smtp.usi.edu>
Subject: Re: Mt. Washington Hill Climb
From: Anita Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 19:04:23 -0500
At 12:47 PM 10/29/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Current competition rules do not require the use of a Tiger tub. To build
>a competitive car in todays environment there is not much on a Tiger you
>would use. My car and at least two other Tigers currently competing are
>tube frame construction like Trans Am, NASCAR etc. Tom Pattons car still
>retains the floor pan but that's all. No need to cut up a good Tiger or
>Alpine to make a race car when you can build within the rules a
>competitive car from ground up. It is cheaper also. That's why in 1988 I
>sold my production based car and built the tube car. At club events I do
>not enter as a Tiger, I just make exhibition runs.
>     Team Tiger has the entire car in fiberglass. These are not for your
>street car but for race application. Solo can use it all, vintage can use
>hoods and trunks, SCCA road racing all.

Barry,
        Thanks for the info.  I assume that you could use any motor
that you wanted too. Of course that might change the racing class you
would run in.  The original Tiger has a short wheel base. Does this
cause problems in some racing classes?  I seem to recall that some drag
racing classes had a larger minimum wheel base for non-factory cars.
Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others