PAINT COLORS

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: PAINT COLORS
From: Bill Gullatt <mrbillg@real-comps.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 09:24:35 -0600
In my years in the paint and body business I found a tool that will be =
useful to all auto restorers.
Find your local  SIKKENS (AKZO) Automotive Finish dealer and ask to see =
their "Color Map".
A "Color Map" is a chip book with real paint chips not ink. These chips =
are a 1 1/2" square each with a whole about the size of a dime in the =
middle. The various chips are arranged in spectrum pages (all the light =
blues are on one or two pages of about 100 chips with the hue going from =
red to green.) that can be placed over an existing finish and pick a =
perfect match. The map number can then be crossed to a current =
Make,Model, and Paint Code. This works so well I have used it to repair =
older cars when color blending instead of an entire repaint. Once you =
have the current code you can actually have it mixed in any brand and =
product.

Bill Gullatt
mrbillg@real-comps.com