Re: Chrysler Parts History

To: johnson@ids.net
Subject: Re: Chrysler Parts History
From: Dave McDermott <dave.mcdermott@cusys.edu>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 17:16:06 -0700
        The parts that Tim got could have come from a parts cache in England
or somewhere else that were never sent to the Chrysler's US warehouse in NJ.
Chrysler would probably have had to store parts for non US consumption
somewhere else overseas. After 84 Chrysler could still have sold what was
left in the NJ warehouse one by one until it was all gone or too small to
justify carrying on the parts inventory. As I said earlier there was not
much left on the 12/84 price sheets and it would certainly not qualify as a
cache at least not a very large one. The OEM Tiger inventory that Tim
described was far more extensive than what was left on the Chrysler OEM
Tiger price sheet in 84. I think they either were obtained earlier than 84
from Chrysler US through their regular US dealer network or perhaps more
probable they were obtained from another source.

        Dave