Traction Action

To: tigers <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Traction Action
From: Steve Wickland x3128 <wickland@eng.adaptec.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 11:02:50 -0800
I tried a different approach to the wheel hop problem.  I used the old
Chrysler trick of clamping the front of the spring.  You clamp the front
of the springs so they can't move in relation to each other
and remove all clamps from the springs to the rear of the axel.  It kind
of creates a trailing link effect.  It did a very good job of
eliminating the hop but made the rear quite stiff (half the spring
length).  After saying all that, I opted for the Dan Walters arm in the
end.

Steve W.