Re: Fans again

To: Carmods@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fans again
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 12:45:03 +0100
John,

While your idea about moving the water pump hub back, to allow more
blade out of the shroud, is a good thought, it really is back quite a
bit already. The dimension from rear of pump to front of hub are
5.15-5.16 inches on the MkI. For about $160, Edelbrock does offer a high
performance aluminum early Ford Mustang 289 HiPo pump with that
dimension, it is close. To get much closer, you would have to machine
away some of the water pump shaft housing.

The critical issue, which I believe you correct in a later mailing, is
that the fan belt must still line up with the generator (alternator) and
crank pulley. I believe these are special to the Tiger, and located
fairly close to the block already. One could space the generator back,
some, but the crank pulley may be as far back as it can get. Need some
critical thought/dimensions and availability of pulley sources.

Anyone with experience here?

Steve
--
                      < one first win, is all >