Re: Tiger hunting redux

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Tiger hunting redux
From: Barsness Jeff <barsnej@WSDOT.WA.GOV>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 11:47:32 -0800
Steve, I have to thank you for speaking out on the subject of
conversions. I am one of the people that will probably be discriminated
against for my choice to modify an Alpine. My goal is NOT to built,
pass-off, or sell my car as a Tiger. I'm just using the same theory that
Carrol Shelby used in the 60's, small car, big motor. My decision to use
an Alpine was made for me, I was able to buy two Alpines for $600. I've
always been partial towards Fords, but I am also able to appreciate the
time, effort, and workmanship that people put into other brands as well.
For me that's what it's all about, being able to enjoy and take pride in
my car without fear of being cast out because I can't afford the real
thing. Besides, even Carrol Shelby is building replica Cobras. I'll get
off my soapbox now. Thanks to those who have sent conversion advice.
Jeff Barsness '67 Alger