RE: Fuel tank follies NO PROBLEM !!!!

To: "'jdhugg@frii.com'" <jdhugg@frii.com>
Subject: RE: Fuel tank follies NO PROBLEM !!!!
From: "JAN SVEN-ERIK HARDE, LUTCF" <harde@cyberesc.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 07:51:20 -0700

----------
From:  Huggins[SMTP:jdhugg@frii.com]
Sent:  Wednesday, December 03, 1997 3:18 PM
To:  tigers@autox.team.net
Subject:  Fuel tank follies
Doug,
This I have a simple solve for ya'
Call Eastwood Products @ 1-800-345-1178, and order part # 1616Z Gas Tank =
Repair kit, includes the acid wash/etch for the tank prep, then the =
sealer. The cost $ 34.99
I have done it many times, flakes, no problem, this will make them like =
new, once you get the kit, let me know if you need pointers, you will =
not be sorry.
You do not need new tanks, and this is so easy to do, and you can do it =
in the driveway...
Good luck,

See Ya'                                    Jan..................

Hullo out there.

The lining of my tanks has finally decided to let go completely...I have
black paint flakes floating in the tank, plugging the filters.  There =
are a
lot of products listed in Hemmings to clean and pickle or reline
tanks...anyone with first hand experience doing the deed?  I have =
limited
facilities...an open carport, for example...so need to find the fastest,
simplest way to remove the flakes and reline the tanks...I have new old
stock rubber connectors for the cross connect between fender tanks...and
will check them over thorougly for age cracks before installing.  =
Lessons
learned please?

Doug Huggins