Re: Transmission noise

To: "James Pickard" <geowiz@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: Transmission noise
From: "Doug & Rett Leithauser" <dleit@mintcity.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 09:29:03 -0500
If you actually have a problem I suspect that the guys that suggest the
input bearing are correct. The real difficulty is deciding if there is a
problem at all. Darn near every manual transmission will make some noise in
neutral with the clutch released. In my job at a new car/truck dealer I
have repeatedly had the pleasure of trying to convince the person who has
just spent big bucks for their new ride that , yes, that noise is normal
and ,no there is nothing we can do that will eliminate it. I would suggest
that you get the opinion of someone who is experienced with manual
transmissions to listen to your Tiger. The noise you arer hearing may be
normal. My tiger has a noticable noise, but I do not feel that any repair
is needed, or possible. Some things just can't be fixed. BTW, if the
gearshift boot is torn, your transmission sound level increases
dramatically.

Happy Motoring

Doug Leithauser